Monday, September 04, 2006

OH THE JOYS OF FIRST DATES!

So I went out on a "date" the other night with some guy, after I'd finally run out of excuses for not being able to meet up. Now I think he's a nice guy, dont get me wrong, even though he's so not my type, we get on on ok and he makes me laugh (yeah, yeah I know I laugh at anything, but he actually is a funny person). My main problem with him is that for someone that isn't that close to me he was a bit too open for my liking.
Example: on the night we went out we were having a conversation in the taxi and I mentioned the fact that I was in agony the previous night due to a really bad tootache and had to see my dentsist as an emergency the next day. This led to us swapping different toothy horror stories and then he said ," Once I had this really excrutiating tootache and had to have the tooth opened up and they found out that the filling inside was rotting and infected, so it was extracted. And I tell you the smell that emanated was so horrible that I myself almost gagged from it!!!"
EEEEWWWWW!!!! You do not have that kind of conversation with a girl you hardly know whom you are taking out on a date for the first time and are trying to impress!! (Bearing in mind that we were on our way to dinner as well). Needless to say when he saw the expression on my face - I probably looked like i'd just been forced to swallow a whole bottle of cod-liver oil- he wisely decided to change the topic. Oh well,I guess I should be thankful that he didnt start regaling me with stories about his bowel habits!!!!
Anyway I came out relatively unscathed at the end of the night; I've heard worse stories of first dates from a few of my girlfriends and this was nothing compared to theirs.....Except this one time I went on a blind date on valentines day and the dude turned out to be my friend's younger brother who came unprepared for some reason; he didnt have any cash on him and so I ended up paying for the cab to and from the movie which we didnt get to see bcos he didnt have any money to pay for it!

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DANG... he was tactless for sure... bwahahahha!!!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Nkem said...

You women are too squeamish. He's an open fella, let him express himself. It's just a tooth thingy, hardly a big deal. Isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home