Thursday, October 19, 2006

A BIT OF TOILET HUMOUR

These people at my work never cease to amaze me! Imagine my immense amusement when I went into the ladies today and found yet another notice had been put up on the inside of the toilet door. It read:

DEAR LADIES
IF YOU PASS A MOTION PLEASE ENSURE THAT IT HAS BEEN FLUSHED AWAY AS IT VERY UNPLEASANT FOR SUBSEQUENT USERS. THE CLEANER SHOULD NOT BE EXPECTED TO CLEAR THE TOILET IN THIS SITAUTION.
I actually burst out of the ladies laughing , much to the surprise of two of my colleagues, who were probably wondering if I'd finally lost it! I think this is a classic example of how prim and proper the British can be... I mean who uses the word 'motion' in their everyday vocabulary?!! But what is NOT so funny is the fact that this is probably the 4th notice that has been put up in the ladies, concerning it's state of hygeine or lack, thereof. Other notices have included the following:
LADIES
IF YOU CROUCH OVER THE TOILET SEAT PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU LEAVE IT AS YOU FOUND IT, I.E. WITH A CLEAN, DRY SEAT
DEAR STAFF
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE FACILITIES PROVIDED FOR THE DISPOSAL OF SANITARY ITEMS. COULD STAFF PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE TOILET IS LEFT CLEAN AFTER USE FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO USE WITHOUT CAUSING EMBARRASMENT
HONESTLY!! You would think that grown, mature women would be decent enough to keep the toilet clean after using it; even if the toilets in their homes aren't, at least consider other people at work and make an effort, if anything to avoid embarrasing themselves! I wonder if the men's toilet has so many such notices. (not that I'm going to go out of my way to find out,oh! lol)
On the other hand, at least it ensures that we are never short of reading material when we go into the ladies! hehehe....

11 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Its surprising the things ladies do in public urinals. At my former place of work, they actually used to urinate all over the floor as if they used to squat puposely on the floor (if u cant aim properly, why not sit down?) and then they'd leave the used tissue on the floor too. Disgusting.

I suppose its a classic case of let me behave as I please - since I havent been caught or they wont know who I am .....

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

LOL! That's hilarious! My job doesn't entertain us with notices in the bathroom, they do it through DUMB emails.

BUT I don't wanna share the NASTINESS I have witnessed in toilet stalls! I don't blame your work people, it's just so funny the way the Brits try to be so polite.

 
At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewwwww... I dont even wanna think of sum nasty stuff ladies leave in PUBLIC bathrooms and they walk on, spritz sum perfume feelin all sexy... nobody lookin @ dem would kno the NASTINESS THEY LEFT BEHIND!!... JUST EWWWW

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger TMinx said...

We just have the boring old "if you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat".

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@Tminx: LoL. Sprinkle when you tinkle. he he he.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Oh, that's just sad. I have a publich bathroom phobia. I really try 2 hold it till I get home. I get so irritated. I don't even want the sole of my shoe 2 touch the floor...especially when wet (I always feel like it's pee on the floor no matter where it is). Besides, my pants r usually long enough 2 touch the floor, so I'm always imagining my pants being drenched by some stranger's pee. Not a good picture.

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
**i know.. i have some nerve right??!!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Corri S. said...

Update, maaan.....;-)

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Beautifully Human....update your blog now ah ah! Don't make me come there o! You're breakin my heart gal How many times do I have to check back 4 updates?

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - no comments since most of the guys are silent!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Daddy's Girl said...

Whoa, those are some seriously funny notices they've put up at your office. The person who writes them must be... interesting.

I agree with calabar gal, some chicks have disgusting toilet manners.

LOL at aba boy!

Loving your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home