Saturday, October 07, 2006

MOTHER ON A MISSION - THE CONCLUSION

I know that you guys are eagerly awaiting the findings of my detective work regarding MOAM and her suspicious interest in little ol' me. (Chei, una too like gist, oh!! lol). But anyway sha, I will deliver as promised.
So when I got home that evening I called my friend, Chioma, whose sister is apparently friend's with MOAM's daughter, Stella and I narrated all that happened to her. She admitted that she does know Stella, albeit not very well as she is more of her sister's mate, and she has only met her mother a couple of times , so doesnt really know much about her.

me: so did you or your sister tell her about me or mention me to her at all? why did she come looking for me? how does she know where I work?

Chioma: No I didn't. I dont even know the woman that well and I dont recall her even coming to our house recently.

me: ask your sister, then. she must have said something to her friend about me. I dont know, maybe Stella thinks she knows me from somewhere?
I guess I was probably clutching at straws here, but I know my friend wouldnt lie to me or try to hide anything from me, so the fact that she was equally as baffled made the matter even more intriguing.

Anyway we rack our brains for a few more minutes and then suddenly Chioma says, 'hang on a minute; I've got to ask my sister something.' I then hear her shout to her sister in the background , ' Oby, does your friend Stella have a brother?' and her sister shouts back 'YES!'

My people, so there you have it! It turns out, from further questioning, that MOAM has a son, in his 30's , who may or may not be single (this fact is not fully known by either Chioma or her sister) and it appears that she had seen me at my work place one day, liked the way I looked (I guess) and had taken it upon herself to try and hook me up with her son. I dont know where she made her enquiries about me or how she found out about me, but coincidentaly, by a weird twist of fate, it also now turned out that she knows my friend.
BUT, as I'm typing this I'm actually thinking to myself, 'this is too much of a co-incidence; something doesn't quite add up here. Even if this woman had spotted me randomly what are the chances that she would mention me to her daughter and that her daughter just happens to have a friend whose sister knows me????? SERIOUSLY, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT HAPPENING? Hmmm....... ok, now I can definitely smell a rat, but as I've got no more leads to go on, I'm just going to have to accept the story as it stands, and so will you guys, until I can prove otherwise.
Whether or not her son knows what his mother and sister were up to, I dont know; I sure hope he was kept in the dark about all this, bcos otherwise how sad and desperate would that be? But you've just got to laugh... I mean didn't know that in this day and age things like this still happened; I thought these things were done on the sly, with a little more under-G, lol. I wonder what MOAM was planning to do - introduce me to her son and say 'hey,son, look at the nice girl I found for you. You wont believe all the effort I went through to get her!'
Needless to say I didn't call MOAM or her daughter. My friend, Chioma, thinks I should, at least to try and find out what the deal really is. I mentioned this to another friend of mine and her reply was, 'WHAT? ARE YOU MAD! DONT EVEN DARE! DO YOU WANT THEM TO THINK YOU ARE DESPERATE TO BE HOOKED UP TOO? Or something along those lines.
I guess now that my curiousity has been aroused I am intrigued to know more, so if MOAM does appear on the scene again.....who knows what I might do?






8 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Noella said...

mmmm, has anybody told you that the title of your blog.....MOTHER ON A MISSION sounds like a nigerian movie, I can just hear the preview.....staring Ego Boyo with Ramsey Noah as the son.....

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lets hope she comes looking for U some more!! This time with the Son in Tow!! Mothers!!!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Na wah o !!!.Mother on a Mission for real.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Yeah gal, u should totally find out if he's fine. And if he is, well, give us the details.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

HaHa!!! NB said it right - MOTHER ON A MISSION FOR REAL!!!

P.S. I read 'False Memory' a while back... I liked it. Let me know what you think once you're done reading it.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao.. i hope she comes again oh.. this woman na real life patience ozokwor

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Bella Naija said...

lolz @ dilch's comment....
this is very interesting...so what is the deal with u and the son?
please continue the gist

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha.. i thought MOIM was a 419'er..lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home