Tuesday, January 09, 2007

THE GOOD, THE BAD... AND THE WEIRD

Happy New Year peoples!! First of all apologies for taking so long to update; I’m not even going to make excuses, cos I really haven’t got any , except that my days have been filled up with preparing for my impending trip to Naija.


THE GOOD: My trip to Naija is finally nigh! I’ll be jetting off to my good ol’ motherland next week Monday ; I’m soooo excited and cant wait. Seriously, I’m really vitamin D deficient right now due to a lack of sunshine over the past 5 months, so the heat and sunshine will be very much welcome! I’m going to be a bridesmaid at my friend’s wedding. Hmmm… should be interesting – Hopefully there will be some gist to fill you all in when I get back. I’m not looking forward to the journey, though; I live in Port Harcourt and at the moment the International airport is closed for repairs( or whatever) so I’m flying to Abuja from London , then I’ll have to get a local flight to Owerri then drive down to P.H!!! Not funny at all!

In other random news, I went shopping on Sunday and I popped into Body Shop (which I don’t do very often) and when I went to pay for my items, I was offered a store discount card. It works like this - you get your card stamped for every purchase over £10 and when you get stamped 6 times, you receive a free gift worth £10. The criteria for getting this card was that my birthday (or the birthday of a close friend/ family member) has to be in January . No member of my family was born in January , and I couldn’t remember any of my friend’s birthdays straight away. Then I remembered one person who hasn’t stopped going on about her birthday this month… VERA! She’s even doing a countdown to the d-day on her blog. Anyway, Vera, thanks for making that date stick in my head cos I put it down on my application for a discount card (don’t worry I didn’t give your name;) You should be happy – it means I consider you as a member of my (blog) family. lol!

THE BAD: As I type this I’m lying in bed, just recovering from a bout of food-poisoning. It was all down to some dodgy crab meat I had on Sunday. The bad thing is that my brother, sister and dad ate it too ,so we were all struck down. Fortunately we didn’t all happen to be in the house at the same time (my dad’s gone to Italy, my sister went out of town) so there was no danger of us having to fight for the only bathroom in the house! Now that would have been the real disaster!!!

THE WEIRD: I came across this website on Young Miss Williams’ blog. It has this face recognition thingy where you can upload your picture and it scans the image and tells you which celebrity/ celebrities you most resemble on a scale of 50-100%. So I uploaded my picture and here are the (baffling) results I got:

  1. Gabrielle Union – 76% I don’t think I particularly look like her, but if you say so…
  2. Halle Berry – 75% Now that’s more like it!!
  3. Beyonce Knowles – 71% Hmmm…
  4. Brandy – 63% Is it cos I is black?!
  5. Sophie Ellis Bextor – 59% Ok, then.
  6. Shu Qi – 59% whoever she is!
  7. Mischa Barton (from the OC) – 58% No comment
  8. Nicollete Sheridan (from Desperate Housewives)- 56% Why not Eva Longoria??
  9. Amerie – 55% Fine by me
  10. Billie Piper – 56% WHHHAAATTTT???!!!

A weird comparison, considering the fact that numbers 5 to 10 happen to be white (with the exception of Amerie). And who the heck is Shu Qi, anyways???

32 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! Maybe they measure the structure or the shapes on the face rather than focusing on skin colour?

Sounds like you're gonna need all the energy you can get for your trip next week, so drink plenty, rest up and feel better soon ok?!

Have a safe journey and *see* you when you get back!

Take care

x mwah x

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Oh, that's it! How dare you use my birthday withoutmy permission? You MUST send me a gift o! See, I was gonna leave u @ first, but now, you just started something o. I just have 2 have something o!

Hmmmmm!

This gal, fear no catch u oh. And you didn't even beg me sef. You just stole my birthday. Hmmmm.....you're ETERNALLY in my debt...u better believe that!

Now that I think of it sef, I just remember two perfumes I need 2 add to that list... Romance by Ralph Lauren and one other one by Ralph Lauren ... can't remember the name.

Lemme go and think!

Hmmmm, using my birthday without my permission. Odikwa risky o!

 
At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from Nigeria !! Speaking about birthdays, i just had mine recently too ... Bloggers need to start exchanging gifts,lol

--www.vesselofhonour.blogspot.com
--www.romanticaffairs.blogspot.com

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.. me i'm scared what they will say about me oh...

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@Yeah - It is cos you is black!!
Have Fun in naija and dont forget ur camera cos we want to see loads of pics!!!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Confused Naija Girl said...

thanks for your comments on my blog!! have fun in naija I am truly jealous !!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Tutsy said...

Goodluck on your trip to naija, mine was a total nightmare. Now i hate to be a killjoy, but sweetheart i strongly suggest u prepare yourself for the worst, 'cuz trust me the naija you left years ago ain't what it is any more. Try to have fun with good friends, but don't get your hopes too high as far as the night life and stuff, its soo not worth the disappointment. Now i don't know how it works in Port-Harcourt, but if u plan on visiting Lagos, be sure to put Thief/pocket lifting radar on at all times. Trust me u will need it.
Have a safe trip!!!!

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Update!!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Damn girl, UPDATE ALREADY!!!!!!! DON'T VEX ME OH.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Oh God, where is my beautifully human girl? She has not updated for over a week. Chei! Maybe the guy that ate his booger has kidnapped her...and has been feeding her his booger for the past week.

Don't worry, girl. You'll probably shit it all out, okay??

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awaiting Updates .... tut! tut! :)

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, come back on tym oh

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Are you still eating his booger? That cannot be healthy

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Beautifully Human said...

abeg, y'all are gonna have to be patient with me; the internet connection at home is a bit erratic. I'll update when I get back to my reliable broadband connection in London.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Aramide said...

I have to try this out! Who is Shu Qi???

How long are you in Naija for?

xxx

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Oh God, she's still missing!

BH, I'm sorry I hurt you. I love you, please come back. I can't do this without you. You're my one and only; please come back. I promise I will never profess love 2 another; come back 2 me BH.

I LOVE YOU!!!

I promise I'll stop spreading the rumors about u being fed boogers by the booger-eating man.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babe e don tey small sha.. update now.. i hope you're alright

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Why have u refused to update ur blog hun?!?!?!?!?!?!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

update o!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

I am guessing you are still in Nigeria?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

@London buki: still in nigeria? There is internet in Nigeria now? Shuo?!?!!?!

BEautifully Human: I trust all is well and that you havent come down with a bout of chicken pox too? Please update soon!!!!!!!

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you guys eat that crab meat? It must have been awful feeling sick like that.

 
At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mami oh..come back to us now.. its been such a longass time!

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting patiently for you to update your blog and i guess now i can't wait anymore. What's going on today is the 21st of March 2007 @13.40pm. Pleae come back cos ain't no sunshine when u r gone

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow its been a very long time mami.. i hope you're ok.. i've really missed you.. happy easter

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

UPDATE O!!!!!!!!!!!1

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss reading what you got to say, hope you cool

x mwah x

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Andrew F. Alalade said...

But you vain no be small. You come vex with Billie Piper, altho' we all know you were proud of the name at no. 1.
Su Qi? Isn't that the Burmese activist who is in prison for speaking aganst her govt.
Before I forget, have fun in Naija....home sweet home!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Admin UD said...

hHi, am sorry for gatecrashing. The Nigerian Bloggers are doing a chain sumthn on the 29th on the just concluded and recent political events in 9ja.

Please, go to The Nigerian Proclamation to get more info.

Thank you!

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you done with blogging? its been 6 months! hope ur aiite mami.. email me sometime at overwhelmednaijababe@gmail.com

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Life through rose-tinted glasses said...

ok babe so i take it u've left blog world. eyah it was fun while it lasted and i'm glad i met u (even tho its only cyber lol(

take care sweetie

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shu qi is a chinese actress, very beautiful, ever watched close to you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home